Oslo, Norway – December 14, 2006
Opera Software announces its Opera Mini Web browser is shipping in most markets with selected Nokia 6300s. With the Nokia 6300 weighing in at a mere 91 grams, Opera Mini complements the phone’s sleek, compact architecture by enabling fast Web browsing on all sites with little requirements needed of the device.
Opera Mini is a Java-based Web browser that enables full Internet access on the majority of mobile phones in the market. By using a server to pre-process and compress Web sites before sending them to the handset, Opera Mini offers a remarkably fast browsing experience as it reduces the size of data transferred.
Opera Mini launched in January 2006 and has since gained more than eight million users. It is available as a free download at www.operamini.com and through partnerships with handset manufacturers, operators and content providers. Frequently visited sites with Opera Mini include those that are popular for search, social networking and Webmail.
“We’re thrilled that Nokia has embraced our Mini Web browser and that it will provide a lot of convenience to Nokia 6300 consumers with fun and easy Web browsing,” says Timo Bruns, EVP Business Development, Opera Software. “We’re committed to Opera Mini as a powerful browser that simply works for everyone.”
Opera Mini features on the Nokia 6300:
- Real Web: Access all Web pages on the go.
- Content Download: Download images, MP3s, etc. directly to the phone.
- Multi-Search: Opera Mini offers advanced searching functionality by allowing users to select extra search engines for the home page.
- Speed Dial: Bookmarks displayed on the home page are assigned a shortcut key combination, giving users faster and easier access to their favorite sites.
- Visual Navigation: Quick and smooth horizontal panning when browsing backwards or forwards.
- Skins: Make Opera Mini your own by selecting from several new and bold skins to suit your mood.
About Opera Miniâ„¢
Opera Mini is a free Web browser designed to bring the real Web to the world’s mobile phones. The free Opera Miniâ„¢ mobile Web browser launched worldwide in January of 2006, and is available both as a free download from www.operamini.com as well as through pre-installments on selected handsets from leading operators and handset manufacturers. Read more at www.operamini.com.
Opera Mini is globally available free of charge at www.operamini.com. A mobile Internet Data Plan and is required by carriers/operators to access the Internet. Java support is required to run Opera Mini.
Michelle Valdivia Lien
Marketing Communications Manager
+47 9506 1389