Applications and content from Motorola ecosystem partners help create the most compelling mobile experience for MOTO Z10 users
Basingstoke, UK – May 1, 2008
Motorola, Inc. today announced an array of applications from ecosystem partners available now on the MOTO Z10 mobile device, taking the mobile experience for consumers to a whole new level.
MOTO Z10 is a 3G device based on the Symbian OS and UIQ platform that offers a complete, pocket-sized, mobile film studio in a unique ergonomic kick slider design. Leveraging the strength and momentum of Motorola’s developer ecosystem, the MOTO Z10 comes pre-loaded with a selection of software, content and applications which further enhance its capabilities – from displaying full feature films to capturing, editing and sharing high-quality video clips.
In addition to the applications pre-loaded to the MOTO Z10 device, hundreds of applications and content titles have been developed and made available by the broader Symbian and UIQ development community for consumers to discover. The MOTO Z8, another Motorola kick slider device offering a mobile multimedia experience, has also seen great success with over 1000 applications and content titles developed for it since launch last year – with many of these applications also available for use on the MOTO Z10.
“Increasingly, consumers expect that their mobile device will do more than make a phone call or send a text message – it must also support features and applications that complement their interests and lifestyle,” said Christy Wyatt, vice president, software platforms & ecosystem, Motorola. “By leveraging the rich multimedia foundation available in the Symbian platform and theÂ extensive programs and services available though our MOTODEV Developer program, developers are able to enrich and extend Motorola products such as the MOTO Z8 and Z10 to create a unique, personalized mobile experience for our users.”
In cooperation with its ecosystem allies, Motorola offers the following mobile experiences to consumers on the MOTO Z10 device:
Film-making on the Fly
MOTO Z10 owners have a complete mobile film studio in their pocket with everything they need to capture, create, edit and share their content on the move.
- ArcSoft Media Editorâ„¢ Mobile Edition – With this simple, easy to use software from ArcSoft, users can edit photos and produce videos directly on their device. Media Editor eliminates the need to side-load videos to a PC before uploading and gives users the ability to crop images, create a storyboard and add voice-over and soundtracks for videos, all on your MOTO Z10.
- ShoZu – With ShoZu, sites and communities like Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Blogger, and more, are only one click away. ShoZu enables users to send photos and video clips captured on their MOTO Z10 and easily share them on social networks, blogs, photo storage sites, and news desks as well as any email address or FTP site.
- muvee – In three easy steps, software from muvee turns your mobile videos and pictures into great-looking home movies, music videos and photo slideshows.
Leave the MP3 player, portable game system and DVD player at home – the MOTO Z10 mobilizes your media and offers ultimate entertainment with the following software, content and applications:
- EA Mobileâ„¢ games – The MOTO Z10 comes “ready to play” with five immersive game experiences based on popular entertainment franchises and titles – Burnoutâ„¢, The Simsâ„¢ Bowling,Â SKATE, Tetris and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07.
- Gameloft games – MOTO Z10 owners can get into the action with best-selling Gameloft titles Asphalt 3: Street Rules and Juke Box combos: Midnight Pool, Platinum Solitaire and Block Breaker Deluxe at their fingertips.
- Mobiclip from Actimagine – Offering DVD-like quality video at 30fps without compromising battery life, Mobiclip technology helps deliver a unique and exciting mobile video experience to Z10 users.
- Roxio software – Designed specifically for mobile users, Roxio software enables MOTO Z10 owners to drag and drop photos, videos, and music between their PC and mobile device for home entertainment on-the-go.
- Universal movies – Feel like an international spy. The MOTO Z10 comes preloaded with all three movies from The Bourne Trilogy to watch directly on their device.
- Veveo vtap – Enables MOTO Z10 owners to quickly and easily search, browse, discover, keep and share web videos from any source on the Internet, on nearly any imaginable topic. Users can create a personalized profile – vtap Feed – that allows them to detail their preferences and receive relevant videos from vtap on their MOTO Z10 whenever a new video appears.
Find the information you need – when you need it – with the following applications designed to further enhance the mobile Web experience on your MOTO Z10:
- Google Maps for mobileâ„¢ and Gmail for mobileâ„¢ – Gmail and Google Maps for mobile enable users to access their messages, view interactive maps and satellite imagery, find local businesses and get point-to-point driving directions, all while on the go. MOTO Z10 users stay connected and informed with these fast and easy-to-use applications right in their pocket.
- Yahoo!â„¢ Go 2.0 – Preloaded on the MOTO Z10, Yahoo! Go 2.0 gives users access to a wide variety of Internet services on their device – such as news, sports and weather services.
Additional applications and content – including music, movies, and more – are available for MOTO Z10 owners to purchase and download on Motorola’s hellomoto.com Website or via Motorola application channel allies, such as Handango. This is made easy using the inbox PC-Sync software to drag and drop content from the website directly onto the MOTO Z10 device.
MOTO Z10 Availability
MOTO Z10 is now available for purchase in the UK at O2 retail shops and is expected to be available in the rest of Europe from mid-May.
For more information on the MOTO Z10, visit www.hellomoto.co.uk.
About Motorolaâ€¨MotorolaÂ is known around the world for innovation in communications. The company develops technologies, products and services that make mobile experiences possible. Our portfolio includes communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility solutions, digital set-tops, cable modems, mobile devices and Bluetooth accessories. Motorola is committed to delivering next generation communication solutions to people, businesses and governments. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $36.6 billion in 2007. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.hellomoto.com .