Opera introduces a new speed marvel, Opera 10.60 beta
Oslo, Norway – June 16, 2010
Making the fastest browser on Earth is not only limited to being the best at speed tests. Opera is also highly optimized to deliver the little extra in everything from opening a new tab in a split- second, loading pages faster on congested networks with Opera Turbo, or navigating webpages with handy features such as mouse gestures, Speed Dial and unsurpassed tab management.
What is new?
- Performance: Do not let your browser slow you down. The world’s fastest browser again storms ahead of its predecessor, boasting a 50% faster online experience as compared to the previous version.
- Geolocation: Let your browser find it for you. Geolocation detects your location and maps you in the middle of the action, for example giving you the most accurate search results in your area.
- Video: Opera now comes with high-quality, open video format WebM, built right into the browser, making viewing videos online even easier.
- HTML5 Appcache and Web Workers: Appcache lets you use different applications, such as word processor, image editor, spreadsheets and much more, in your web browser even when offline. Web developers can now also use HTML5 Web Workers for doing heavy calculations without making the browsing slower for the user.
- Search suggestions: Opera 10.60 beta makes search more efficient, introducing search suggestions for selected partners in the Speed Dial and search box. You can test this in the beta with Wikipedia search.
- Custom thumbnails for tabs: The interface in now more intuitive, as the previous thumbnails have been replaced with icons, making you a faster navigator.
- Visual improvements: Speed Dial, tab previews and the Opera menu button have been improved with new graphics.
“Opera 10.60 beta is so fast, it will blow you away,” says Chief Development Officer, Christen Krogh, Opera Software. “Beyond the speed boost, the latest version of Opera improves on our robust HTML5 support and provides more options for quick and efficient Web search through your preferred search engines. By combining raw speed with intuitive and easy-to-use features, Opera places you among the fastest Internet users on the planet.”
Opera continues to provide unique and compelling features, such as:
- Opera Turbo: Opera Turbo comes to the rescue whenever you are surfing on slow, congested networks, for example, at an airport or at an Internet cafe. Tests show that Opera Turbo provides about 65% faster browsing on Edge and around 50% faster browsing speed on 3G networks.
- Opera Unite: Share content immediately, without having to upload your files. Opera Unite combines the flexibility of a Web application with the capability of a Web server, easily accessible from your browser.
- Opera Link: Opera Link lets you synchronize your Speed Dial, notes, search-engine preferences and more, available on any device running Opera.
Download Opera today at www.opera.com/next/.
Download Opera 10.60 beta press kit (Including: Mac and Windows screenshots)