Marketers” shift to mobile advertising drives demand for buys on targeted, transparent ad network
San Francisco, CA – June 11, 2012
In just three months since becoming part of Opera Software and its market-leading advertising platform, Mobile Theory announces triple-digit percentage monthly revenue growth as well as key milestones across other categories, including campaign executions, new client additions and staff expansion.
Executives at the premium mobile ad network cite the 2012 upsurge in interest for mobile advertising solutions as a large factor in the growth of the company. However, clients turning to Mobile Theory for their mobile advertising needs are eschewing the competition for two specific reasons: they want to know exactly where their ads are running, and they want access to the best publishers with the most expansive and relevant audiences in the mobile space.
The Opera advertising platform serves major media companies like, AOL, Dictionary.com, Gannett, Hachette Filipacchi Media, Liberty Media, News Corp International, The Guardian and Univision and major advertisers such as CapitalOne, Chevrolet, eBay, Kellogg’s, Marriott, Microsoft and Siemens. As part of this ecosystem, Mobile Theory works closely with publishers and advertisers, to enable transparency and access to early session impressions on high-demand mobile sites and apps.
Key growth figures & milestones
- Revenue: Since the February acquisition, quarterly revenue has increased by 250%.
- Client expansion: Mobile Theory’s advertiser client roster grew by more than 75%, increasing the total number to more than 120 clients in May 2012. Marquee clients include Coca-Cola, Paramount Pictures and Chase Bank.
- A growing team: Mobile Theory added 15 new employees, all of which came from leading display and mobile ad networks. The company plans to double headcount before the end of 2012 to accelerate growth and provide optimal service to existing advertisers, partners, and publishers.
- New locations: The company opened new offices in Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Network growth: Mobile Theory added 34 new direct publisher relationships, including exclusive publisher agreements with NASDAQ.com and boxoffice.com.
- Platform scale: Mobile Theory clients now enjoy access to
- 40+ billion monthly impressions, 9000+ sites and apps
- Total audience reach of 350+ million mobile consumers globally
- 8 out of 10 smartphone users in the U.S.
- A collection of publishers that received $240M in mobile ad revenue in 2011
- Welcoming the tablet revolution: Mobile Theory has witnessed marked increase in demand for tablet ad executions, which are up 140% from 2011.
“The trends we’re seeing are quite clear: Fortune 500 brands are adopting mobile display and video at a considerably more rapid pace than they moved into online advertising,” said Scott Swanson, Mobile Theory founder and CEO. “And now they’re catering the brand experience for the specific nuances of the mobile medium, looking for the best ways to reach and engage their target customer. With our product and service offering, I”ve no doubt that we”ll continue on this record-breaking streak throughout the rest of the year.”
About Mobile Theory
Mobile Theory is the first mobile ad network built just for brand advertisers. A subsidiary of Opera Software, Mobile Theory’s network of premium-quality mobile sites and apps provides exclusive, unduplicated reach to 90 million mobile Internet users, accessing 8 out of 10 US smartphone users via 1.2 billion impressions per month. Through rich media and stunning mobile ad executions, Mobile Theory enables the world’s top brands and agencies to deliver advertising campaigns that engage and immerse the mobile consumer.