Opera Web Pass to kick off in Turkey with Avea

Avea and Opera Software partner to offer in-browser pay-as-you-go Internet

Turkish mobile operator Avea and browser developer Opera Software have signed an agreement to launch the very first Opera Web Pass solution in Turkey. Through Opera’s innovative solution, Avea can offer easy, one-click internet access to its mobile subscribers through site- and time-specific data offerings. This makes it easier for users to get online with their mobile phones in a way that is tailored to their needs.

Once Opera Web Pass launches, users can choose between one of Avea’s web pass offerings to surf as much as they want, for a set period of time. For those without data plans, this is the simplest way to browse the web while keeping costs under control.

Avea subscribers will be able to pick and choose from many exciting web pass offerings, which will be unveiled during launch day.

Opera Web Pass will be available to Avea’s subscribers who use Opera Mini. Avea subscribers not yet using Opera Mini can get the browser for free at m.opera.com and start enjoying fast, best-value browsing.

“Opera Web Pass is a perfect solution for people who are not looking to be constantly online, but who prefer to surf the web whenever it suits them, while keeping a close eye on costs,” says Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. “Opera Web Pass is easy to use and gives users full control over their data traffic.”

According to Baran Yurdagül, Marketing Connectivity Management Director, Avea, “Our priority is making life easier for our customers by delivering the most appropriate solutions to their needs, and our cooperation with Opera is a result of this. Thanks to our partnership, our subscribers will enjoy unlimited internet and no longer have to worry about counting megabytes.”

For more information on Opera Web Pass, please visit opera.com/webpass/.

About Avea

Established in 2004 as the youngest and most rapidly growing GSM operator in Turkey, Avea offers its customers innovative and high quality services on the basis of its sophisticated infrastructure and technology investments. Avea, which offers the longest mobile conversation time per subscriber in Turkey, serves to 13.7 million subscribers as of the first quarter of 2013. The company, which operates through international roaming partnerships with 664 operators in 202 countries, is a subsidiary of Turk Telekom. While 89.99% of Avea’s share capital is owned by Turk Telekomunikasyon A.S., the remaining 10.01% belongs to Is Bankasi. www.avea.com.tr.