50 million desktop users and 50 million mobile users
Oslo, Norway – April 12, 2010
The Opera browsers are now used by more than 100 million people worldwide. After reaching this milestone in March 2010, there are 50 million Opera lovers on Windows, Mac and Linux computers, as well as 50 million people using Opera Mini on a wide variety of handsets each month. Year-on-year growth for Opera browser on desktop now stands at over 30 percent, measured from March 2009 to March 2010. The number of desktop users was measured during March 2010, resulting in an unprecedented 50 million unique active users.
In addition, many more Opera users can be found browsing the Web on their game consoles, connected TVs and set-top boxes.
“Our focus on speed, security, innovation and usability continues to yield results. We always listen to the needs and wants of our users, and they reward us by choosing Opera,” said Jon von Tetzchner, Co-founder, Opera Software.
“Opera’s record growth shows that we are on the right track, and that as user needs grow, we are growing right along with them,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. “Opera for Desktop delivers the fastest browsing experience on the planet, with a visionary approach to features and a user-friendly design.”
No speed limits
What Opera browser for desktop offers
- The fastest browser on the market.
- Innovative and cost-efficient features like Opera Turbo for quicker surfing on a congested networks or cheaper data roaming.
- Opera Unite for easy sharing of photos and new ways of using your browser to share and access data.
- Opera Link to synchronize your bookmarks to several devices, such as your Opera Mini browser.
- Unified, easy-to-use interface with seamless transition between desktop and mobile.
Watch the Opera Web browser in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mU7lkE-sA