New Opera for Windows and Mac debuts with tab preview feature
Opera for Windows, Mac and Linux now offers over 1000 extensions, small programs that extend the functionality of a browser and personalize the browsing experience. In addition, Opera users can now enjoy a completely new tab preview feature.
1000 extensions for easier browsing
Opera’s move to the Chromium engine last year came with improved site compatibility, but its switch to Chromium’s extensions format also meant that Opera had to rebuild its extensions ecosystem from scratch.
With the help of a conversion tool, detailed tutorials and extensive developer outreach, Opera has managed to get its worldwide community of developers to fill its extension catalog for the Chromium-based Opera browser. Opera’s strict moderation of extension submissions and updates ensures that extension users stay safe. For a complete overview of available extensions, head to addons.opera.com/extensions.
Here’s Opera’s pick of the top extensions designed to make your browsing even more efficient:
- Turn Off The Lights allows you to focus on the video you are watching by dimming the rest of the page.
- Translate gives you in-page language translation options powered by the Google Translate servers.
- Disconnect lets you visualize and block websites that track you.
- Evernote Web Clipper allows you to clip, save and share any interesting web content easily, as well as to store your notes.
- Similar Image Search gives you an easy way to search similar images on Google Images and other services.
Give your tabs extra visibility
With Opera 24 for Windows and Mac, released today, users can see a large preview of a webpage by hovering the mouse over a tab. Tab preview lets users see the most recent snapshot of the website and enables a smooth, visual overview of multiple tabs.
This latest version of Opera for computers also comes with user interface improvements. Windows users with very dense displays can now enjoy a sharper-looking UI, similar to what Opera for Mac users get on Retina screens. With HiDPI support, the UI will – instead of being scaled – get the sharpness it deserves.
Give Opera 24 a try. Download it for Windows and Mac at opera.com.
Find all documentation and tools for extension developers at dev.opera.com/extensions/.